Tuesday, June 7, 2016

474. Kilimanjaro

Kilimanjaro
The Teardrop Explodes
1980













Tracks
1. Ha Ha I'm Drowning 
2. Sleeping Gas 
3. Treason 
4. Second Head 
5. Poppies In The Field
6. Went Crazy 
7. Brave Boys Keep Their Promises 
8. Bouncing Babies 
9. Books 
10. The Thief Of Baghdad
11. When I Dream


I had never heard of the Teardrop Explodes before today.  It's not entirely shocking, as I don't believe they are truly musical geniuses or anything.  Still, it was enjoyable album and after all the shit this List has put me through, decent is good enough.

Lyrically, this album is quite impressive.  I was blown away by how sweet the songs were; just a quite glance at the track listing made me think this was going to be intense.  However, it was surprisingly tender.  It actually had me searching to see how good-looking the members of this band were and if any of them are still single.  It's a negative to both those questions if anyone is interested.

Anyway, definitely an improvement from yesterday and worth checking out.

RATING: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment