Wednesday, June 8, 2016

475. More Specials

More Specials
Specials
1980













Tracks
1. Enjoy Yourself (It's Later Than You Think) 
2. Man At C & A 
3. Hey Little Rich Girl 
4. Do Nothing 
5. Pearl's Cafe 
6. Sock It To 'Em JB 
7. Stereotype/Stereotypes Pt 2 
8. Holiday Fortnight 
9. I Can't Stand It 
10. International Jet Set 
11. Enjoy Yourself (Reprise)


475!  That's kind of a milestone right?  You know you are making significant progress on a project when you start celebrating odd numbers.  Anyway, we are continuing our streak of decent (but not outstanding albums) with More Specials.

Lyrically, this album wasn't as impressive as their debut.  I suppose I should applause them for "pushing boundaries" (i.e. naming random James Bond movies and playing sounds of a plane crash) but really, I was hoping they would be a tad more conventional in their style.  I think they are talented enough musicians that they don't necessarily need gimmicky songs to flesh out their album.  To that end, I enjoyed the songs "Hey Little Rich Girl" and "I Can't Stand It."

Hoping for something brilliant to come along but I guess I should be thankful for the general lack of suckiness lately.

RATING: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment