Monday, May 9, 2016

471. Sound Affects

Sound Affects
The Jam
1980














Tracks
1. Pretty Green
2. Monday 
3. But I'm Different Now 
4. Set The House Ablaze
5. Start 
6. That's Entertainment
7. Dreamtime
8. Man in the Corner Shop
9. Music for the Last Couple 
10. Boy About Town 
11. Scrape Away


This album felt like a throwback and I loved every minute of it.  Uh oh.  I am lamenting that music isn't as good as it was "back in the old days."  I'm apparently one of those people now.

It is hard not to like this album, as it is catchy as hell.  "That's Entertainment" is probably the best known track from this album and rightfully so, as it is by far the highlight of the album.  That's not to say the other tracks are bad, but none stand out so clearly.  "Monday" also impressed me lyrically and it was actually quite sweet.  I'm glad we are done with punk and I can start referring to things as sweet again.

So an easy five stars and hopefully an indication of Brit pop to come.

RATING: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment