Sunday, April 17, 2016

467. Remain In Light

Remain In Light
Talking Heads
1980














Tracks
1. Born Under Punches (The Heat Goes On)
2. Crosseyed And Painless
3. The Great Curve
4. Once In A Lifetime
5. Houses In Motion
6. Seen And Not Seen
7. Listening Wind
8. The Overload


This is the Talking Heads album I have been waiting for, the one that finally made me understand the hype.  I previously enjoyed their past albums, but I still didn't feel the need to worship on my knees like I was expected to.  Now I am ready to worship or, at the very least, provide the ritual sacrifice.

I loved this album, with my favorite song being "Once In A Lifetime."  Apparently, that is the Talking Heads' biggest hit, although I had never heard it before.  Really, there is not a bad song on the album.  I loved how cohesive the whole thing was, while still managing to be experimental.

Anyway, we hit a rough patch with an albums lately, so hopefully, this is a turning point.   The best thing I have heard in awhile.

RATING: 5/5

1 comment:

  1. Yes, this is real nice! Full of energy and enticing melodies! I love "Litening Wind": "The wind in my heart/
    The dust in my head".

    ReplyDelete