Thursday, April 14, 2016

464. Killing Joke

Killing Joke
Killing Joke
1980














Tracks
1. Requiem
2. War Dance
3. Tomorrow's World
4. Bloodsport 
5. Wait
6. Complications 
7. So 36
8. Primitive


According to the Wikipedia page, this album influenced Nirvana and Marilyn Manson.  This is why it is so hard to review older albums; what sounded fresh in 1980 sounds tired now.  To me, this sounded like literally a hundred albums I have already listened to, which limited my enjoyment factor.

Still, it was original for the time and I suppose that makes it worth listening to.  "Wardance" is certainly the most intelligent of the songs, with lyrics like "The atmosphere's strange out on town, Music for pleasure, it's not music anymore.  Music to dance to, music to move.  This is music to march to."

So an album that deserves its place on the List, but not one that left much of an impression on me.  Thankfully, it did for other people.

RATING: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment