Thursday, April 14, 2016

465. British Steel

British Steel
Judas Priest
1980














Tracks
1. Rapid Fire
2. Metal Gods
3. Breaking The Law
4. Grinder
5. United
6. You Don't Have To Be Old To Be Wise
7. Living After Midnight
8. Rage
9. Steeler

Is every album on this List going forward heavy metal?  Where are our quieter artists, our Joni Mitchells and Carole Kings?  I guess this is the trend now but I really wish some songwriters with a bit more talent will come along soon.

So not much else to say about this album.  We can tell from the track listing that this album is not for someone like me, who owns a "Reading is Sexy" t-shirt with a picture of Jane Austen on it.  Usually, I can find a few stanzas that I like in at least one of the songs, but no such luck here.

We are in a bit of a slump, but hopefully, we will get out of it with Group Sex, a fine solution to any problem.

RATING: 2/5

4 comments:

  1. A few moments there of confusion and puzzlement

    You are probably aware that there is town in the UK spelt Reading, pronounced RED-ing. As opposed to the act of seeing words on a page, pronounced Reed -ing
    You may not be aware that the town Reading hosts a heavy metal music every year, much beloved by fans of - say- Judas Priest - and affectionately called just 'Reading' (ie not Reading festival)
    So in context.. you Tshirt has a different meaninh as to what you like.

    OPK, unless there is a heavy metal band called 'Jane Austen' that I don't know of.

    Excuse me for a while .. the brain is boggling at the idea of a heavy metal band called Jane Austen. I'm trying to hear the music ...

    Heck, at the risk of destroying any musical cred I have with you, I once saw this lot as well. Not quite as boring as Motorhead, but close.
    There is a film based on this band, and a guy who joins them .. I think it is called something imaginative like 'Rock Star' It is mildly entertaining, but not as thrilling as a Bergman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that might be the first time "thrilling" and "Bergman" were used in the same sentence. I call Jane Austen for my band name. But you can join.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I be in your band? JK (not really)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You probably didn't play it loud enough. Have you tried turning it up to 11?

    ReplyDelete