Friday, April 15, 2016

466. Group Sex

Group Sex
Circle Jerks
1980















Tracks
1. Deny Everything 
2. I Just Want Some Skank 
3. Beverly Hills 
4. Operation 
5. Back Against The Wall 
6. Wasted 
7. Behind The Door 
8. World Up My Ass
9. Paid Vacation 
10. Don't Care 
11. Live Fast Die Young
12. What's Your Problem 
13. Group Sex 
14. Red Tape


This is probably one of the shortest albums on the List.  Usually they clock in at around 40 minutes, but this album was a little more than 15 minutes.  But hey, I am not complaining as I don't exactly want to dwell on hardcore punk.

So each song is about a minute, although the first track is only 26 seconds.   All punk songs are fairly manic, but this album took it to the next level.  I suppose the style appeals to people who are into punk music.  But as this album is completely devoid of hooks, lyrical quality, or memorable songs.  Do I have to quote any of the lyrics here?  I think you can well imagine what the words to a song titled "I Just Want Some Skank" would be.

Are we back to pure punk?  I thought we had moved on to post punk.  In any case, I wouldn't call this album a complete waste of time, as it is so short.  But I suppose if the best thing you can say about something is that it was short, there isn't much quality there.

RATING: 2/5

1 comment: