Tuesday, April 5, 2016

461. Seventeen Seconds

Seventeen Seconds
The Cure
1980














Tracks
1. Reflection
2. Play For Today
3. Secrets
4. In Your House
5. Three
6. Final Sound
7. Forest
8. M
9. At Night
10. Seventeen Seconds


This might make some music fans cringe (if this blog didn't make them drop dead already) but my only previous experience of the Cure was "Friday I'm In Love."  I was eager to hear more of their music.  This certainly wasn't what I was expecting, although that isn't necessarily a bad thing.

This is a very gloomy album.  In lesser hands, it could have been slightly over the top and ridiculous.  However, it came across very well here and I will be interested to explore more gothic rock.  That being said, I am a lyric person.  As you could probably tell from the cover, it seems that everything about this album is intended to be vague.  I wish I could have gotten a firmer grasp on this band.  Maybe my inability to really access this album is half the allure.

I am definitely intrigued by The Cure, but I don't think any of these songs are making the iPod cut.

RATING: 3/5

2 comments:

  1. I agree. It was not what I was expecting either. I guess I was just waiting for more shrieking and screaming and, well, noise. However, this is kinda relaxing. It feels good although I couldn't pick any particular song.

    ReplyDelete