Tuesday, April 5, 2016

460. Underwater Moonlight

Underwater Moonlight
The Soft Boys
1980














Tracks
1. I Wanna Destroy You
2. Kingdom Of Love
3. Positive Vibrations
4. I Got The Hots
5. Insanely Jealous
6. Tonight
7. You'll Have To Go Sideways
8. Old Pervert
9. Queen Of Eyes
10. Underwater Moonlight

As I am constantly behind on my writing, I keep waiting too long in between listening to an album and posting about it.   Consequently, the specifics of the album kind of fade from my memory.  Good thing I am keeping a record of progress, as most of these albums don't stick in my mind.

I have mixed feelings about this one.  Truly, the tracks were hit and miss.  Among the hits were "I Wanna Destroy You" and "Insanely Jealous."  The second half of the album definitely dipped in quality.  I felt like "Old Pervert" was there solely to remind people that they have punk roots and can be just as gross as their ancestors.  Lyrically, it didn't match the rest of the album.

Anyway, it was a perfectly fine way to pass thirty five minutes, but ultimately, I didn't spot any element original enough to warrant the album's inclusion on the List.

RATING: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment