Thursday, April 7, 2016

462. Crocodiles

Crocodiles
Echo and The Bunnymen
1980














Tracks
1. Going Up
2. Do It Clean 
3. Stars Are Stars 
4. Pride 
5. Monkeys 
6. Crocodiles 
7. Rescue 
8. Villiers Terrace
9. Read It in Books 
10. Pictures on My Wall 
11. All That Jazz 
12. Happy Death Men


I spent a very enjoyable morning in bed with a mug of hot chocolate, listening to this album and finishing Ian McEwan's Black Dogs.  It is rather odd that I am so cheerful now, as both works could hardly be described as uplifting.

This album sounded quite similar to Seventeen Seconds from yesterday; perhaps this was a bit angrier.  I think I enjoyed this one slightly more, as I found the lyrics to be more accessible and poetic.  My favorite line came from "Stars Are Stars": "I caught that falling star, it cut my hands to pieces."  I appreciate that they are trying to communicating quintessential punk messages with more artistic flair.

Up next: Motorhead.  That sounds intimidating.

RATING: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment