Friday, November 16, 2012

300. New York Dolls

New York Dolls
New York Dolls
1973












Tracks
1. Personality Crisis 
2. Looking For A Kiss 
3. Vietnamese Baby 
4. Lonely Planet Boy 
5. Frankenstein 
6. Trash 
7. Bad Girl 
8. Subway Train
9. Pills
10. Private World
11. Jet Boy


Happy 300th album everyone! 30% there!

I have gotten in the habit of being sickeningly sentimental on hundred marker posts and this one will be no exception.  Way back in June when I reached 200 I talked about how I wasn't as excited about this project as I used to be.  However, yesterday I was feeling majorly depressed.  I sometimes go through slumps like this (just one of the many perks of being me).  Anyway, I decided to listen to some music and I played "These Days" by Nico.  At that moment, I felt an enormous emotional connection to a song; perhaps the most powerful connection I have ever felt to music.  I would have never felt that if I hadn't begun this journey.  So really, who cares if I have to sift through garbage (here's looking at you, prog rock) more often then in my other blogs?  If I can find even one more "These Days" it will have all been worth it.

And now, to close the 1973s, we have The New York Dolls, precursor to the Sex Pistols.  More yelling, more noise.  The only thing that really sets this apart is that Andy Warhol was involved in the making of this album.  Having just seen another one of Warhol's crappy films, I am not too happy with him at the moment.  However, when he is involved with music, it is pretty fantastic, like with The Velvet Underground.

Overall, obnoxious.  But 300s!

RATING: 2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment