Thursday, November 15, 2012

297. Billion Dollar Babies

Billion Dollar Babies
Alice Cooper
1973














Tracks
1. Hello Hooray 
2. Raped And Freezin' 
3. Elected 
4. Billion Dollar Babies
5. Unfinished Sweet 
6. No More Mister Nice Guy 
7. Generation Landslide 
8. Sick Things 
9. Mary Ann 
10. I Love The Dead


Oh my god.  I actually liked this album.  No, not liked.  LOVED.

Before, I was a self proclaimed Alice Cooper hater.  I thought that he didn't have much talent and all he wanted to do was shock people instead of providing mindful entertainment.  However, this album rocked my world.

For starters, this album is extremely catchy.  I found myself singing along to "No More Mister Nice Guy" before I even knew the words.  Now, obviously, some of the songs are a bit creepy (just look at the track listing to see what I mean).  "I Love The Dead" is a song about necrophilia.  Just ignore that one; I really can't defend it.

This album is also a really good length.  Memorable but not overly long.  Alice Cooper has been redeemed in my book, though I still wouldn't want to come across him alone.

RATING: 5/5

P.S. "Mary Ann" was actually pretty sweet which makes up for the other creepy songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment