Monday, November 19, 2012

301. Here Come The Warm Jets

Here Come The Warm Jets
Brian Eno
1974













Tracks
1. Needles In The Camel's Eye
2. Paw Paw Negro Blowtorch 
3. Baby's On Fire 
4. Cindy Tells Me
5. Driving Me Backwards
6. On Some Faraway Beach 
7. Blank Frank
8. Dead Finks Don't Talk
9. Some Of Them Are Old
10. Here Come The Warm Jets


So it is early Monday morning and sooner or later I am going to have face reality and begin what is sure to be a rather grueling day.  Before that happy moment, however, I am going to review this album.  I will then most likely be running late all morning and be really cranky.  Yay, foresight!

So, first of all, 1974!  Woohoo!  I am used to my movie and book blog where there is an average of like seven things per year, not forty.  Always excited to move on.

Apparently, Brian Eno is one of the most represented guys on the list.  He seems to be behind the scenes in Roxy Music, David Bowie albums, and, of course, his own solo album.  That being said, until today I had never heard of him.

This album had a couple of catchy tracks and the guitar playing was rather impressive.  Still, it just didn't grab me.  I could hardly hear what was being said.  Furthermore, none of it felt very original and it was all pretty forgettable.

Could have done without it but not offensive.

RATING: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment