Friday, November 16, 2012

298. Raw Power

Raw Power
Iggy and the Stooges
1973














Tracks
1. Search And Destroy
2. Gimme Danger
3. Your Pretty Face Is Going To Hell
4. Penetration
5. Raw Power
6. I Need Somebody
7. Shake Appeal
8. Death Trip


I am having a bit of an album marathon so that I can finally make it past both 1973 and the 200s.  We are about to witness history here people!  But before that, we must get through Iggy.  And what a chore that is.

This album's only goal seems to be to be as loud and incoherent as possible.  I really could not understand what was being said at all.  Apparently the studio thought so too, so they called in David Bowie to fix it up.  According to the book, he stayed "true to the vision" and didn't mess with it too much.

That being said, I now have such a low standard for albums after going through this journey that I really didn't hate it too much.  I don't know if this is because I am appreciating music more or if I am just getting of sick of giving albums 1 star.  I prefer to think the former.

RATING: 2/5

1 comment:

  1. It is likely worth understanding that this album was produced in two opposing mixes, and depending on how you acquired this, which one you ended up with might edge more toward Iggy's remix.

    Bowie's mix is not nearly (by a long stretch) as loud as Iggy's. That doesn't mean you would like it, but this is an important distinction to make.

    ReplyDelete