Saturday, November 3, 2012

294. Tres Hombres

Tres Hombres
ZZ Top
1973












Tracks
1. Waitin' For The Bus 
2. Jesus Just Left Chicago 
3. Beer Drinkers & Hell Raisers
4. Master Of Sparks 
5. Hot, Blue And Righteous
6. Move Me On Down The Line 
7. Precious and Grace
8. La Grange 
9. Sheik 
10. Have You Heard?


Everyone else seems to have preconceived notions of ZZ Top except me.  I didn't even know if it was a band or a person.  Much like the Led Zeppelin confusion I had at the beginning of this journey.

To my surprise, I actually loved this album.  I say that it surprised me because the quote in the book by Dusty Hill was "Everybody everywhere goes to whores, drinks beer, and drives fast."  That is not exactly something I can relate to, at least on weekdays.

Anyway, this album is actually really short; only about thirty minutes.  They had this really cool blues rock thing going on that was pretty unusual and fun.  And they quit before the album became tedious which is also a plus.  Check it out.

RATING: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment