Tuesday, October 30, 2012

293. Innervisions

Innervisions
Stevie Wonder
1973












Tracks
1. Too High 
2. Visions 
3. Living For The City 
4. Golden Lady 
5. Higher Ground 
6. Jesus Children Of America 
7. All In Love Is Fair 
8. Don't You Worry About A Thing 
9. He's Misstra Know It All


First of all, I actually have "Living For The City" on my iPod already.  This is, embarrassingly, a big deal for me.  Yay, The Book is validating my taste!  Now if I can just get them to add Taylor Swift….did I say that out loud?

Anyway, unfortunately for me, the album doesn't get much better than "Living For The City".  That is not to say it is a bad album, it just peaks with a track I was already familiar with.  After listening to so much politically progressive crap that people categorize as music, it is always refreshing to listen to a song that is actually catchy and contains a message.  "Golden Lady" is another good song, but nothing beats the epic second track.

Overall this is a fun album that makes you think.  Who could ask for anything more, who could ask for anything more?  Sorry, I watched American in Paris recently.

RATING: 4/5


No comments:

Post a Comment