Tuesday, July 12, 2016

486. Damaged

Damaged
Black Flag
1981














Tracks
1. Rise Above 
2. Spray Paint 
3. Six Pack 
4. What I See 
5. TV Party 
6. Thirsty And Miserable 
7. Police Story 
8. Gimme Gimme Gimme 
9. Depression 
10. Room 13 
11. Damaged II 
12. No Moe 
13. Padded Cell 
14. Life Of Pain 
15. Damaged I


Once again, we get another punk album after I thought the genre was good and dead.  I should know by now that it will be endlessly resurrected, probably by some ritual involving the knife used to kill Nancy Spungen and urine filled balloons.  Anyway, this was same old, same old as far as I could tell.

The blandest topics available to punk musicians are explored here: misery, angst, beer, etc.   I've stopped reading every entry in the Book, but I am really curious to see what about this album convinced the Listmakers to include it.

Sorry for the short review, but really, I think we have covered the punk genre pretty well by now.  It's a genre that lends itself to mediocrity, so only one in one hundred punk albums are worth listening to anyway.

RATING: 2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment