Tuesday, July 5, 2016

483. Non-Stop Erotic Cabaret

Non-Stop Erotic Cabaret
Soft Cell
1981














Tracks
1. Frustration 
2. Tainted Love
3. Seedy Films 
4. Youth 
5. Sex Dwarf 
6. Entertain Me 
7. Chips on My Shoulder 
8. Bedsitter 
9. Secret Life 
10. Say Hello, Wave Goodbye


Happy belated Independence Day!  I celebrated by eating way too much candy and popcorn at the movies.  My sister and I went to see The Shallows.  It was just as mediocre as I imagined it would be, but it was better alternative than listening to loud explosions in the sweltering heat.  In any case, I am doubling up on albums today, as I missed yesterday's post.

Well, that certainly wasn't what I expected (how often do I say that?  I should just stop making music related predictions).  I thoroughly enjoyed this, proving once again that you shouldn't judge an album by its slightly intimidating title.  I even listened to all the bonus tracks, and was particularly pleased that the band did a cover of "Where Did Our Love Go." I haven't been too impressed with the vocals lately, but I found Marc Almond's voice to be oddly soothing.  Anyone who writes a song like "Sex Dwarf" probably doesn't want to be referred to as "soothing," but I can't help it.

Anyway, definitely worth listening to.  At the very least, check out "Tainted Love."

RATING: 4/5

1 comment:

  1. I always loved Tainted Love but had not listened to the whole album until recently. I think I only like Tainted Love, but they were somewhat...compelling?

    ReplyDelete