Saturday, July 9, 2016

485. My Life in The Bush of Ghosts

My Life in The Bush of Ghosts
Brian Eno and David Byrne
1981













Tracks
1. America Is Waiting 
2. Mea Culpa 
3. Regiment 
4. Help Me Somebody 
5. Jezebel Spirit 
6. Very Very Hungry 
7. Moonlight In Glory 
8. Carrier 
9. Secret Life 
10. Come With Us 
11. Mountain Of Needles 


I have been accused of using the word pretentious in a lazy manner, but really, is there any other word for this?  I mean, the title alone elicited a groan and an eye roll for me.  I am going to really screw up my neck one of these days.  In any case, through the haze of self indulgence and pretension, I managed to catch glimpses of some talent, but ultimately it wasn't worth it.

It is hard for me to discern one track from another, but parts of the album actually did resemble my definition of music.  Well, I suppose if that is the nicest thing I can think of to say, the album wasn't that good, was it?  Still, I am sure it will lauded as a masterpiece by people who enjoy Eno's unique...um, sound effects.

Anyway, this genre is definitely not for me, and I look forward to at least having lyrics in the next album.

RATING: 2/5

1 comment:

  1. This music is way cool, and that's all I have to say about that.

    ReplyDelete