Sunday, July 3, 2016

482. No Sleep 'til Hammersmith

No Sleep 'til Hammersmith
Motorhead
1981














Tracks
1. Ace Of Spades
2. Stay Clean
3. Metropolis
4. Hammer
5. Iron Horse
6. No Class
7. Overkill
8. We Are The Road Crew
9. Capricorn
10. Bomber
11. Motorhead


I decided to write about this one bright and early, so I wouldn't end up forgetting.  Nothing like some heavy metal on a Sunday morning.  I felt as though I had heard this album before, but I have now come to the conclusion that if you have heard one Motorhead song you have heard them all.

This isn't necessarily a bad thing, as they is obviously a lot of talent behind the instruments.  Still, it does get a tad repetitive at times.  I have probably said this roughly one hundred times before, but I am not a fan of live albums.  I really don't want to capture the energy of the crowd.  I want to get away from the energy of the crowd, that's why I am listening to music at home.  I especially want to get away from heavy metal fans.  I have a feeling we wouldn't have a lot in common (for example, I had to turn off The Birds last night because I got too scared).

In any case, I am not particularly fond of this genre, but if I had to choose a favorite heavy metal band, this would probably be it.

RATING: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment