Tuesday, July 5, 2016

484. Architecture and Morality

Architecture and Morality
OMD
1981














Tracks
1. New Stone Age 
2. She's Leaving 
3. Souvenir 
4. Sealand 
5. Joan Of Arc 
6. Joan Of Arc (Maid Of Orleans) 
7. Architecture And Morality 
8. Georgia 
9. Beginning And The End

Well I suppose the synth pop movement is in full swing.  It's certainly not the most alarming genre we have dealt with here, although I don't know if listening to synth pop everyday will do wonders for my mood.  Still, for the time being I am enjoying the trend.

Some of these songs were quite fun, others seemed like poor imitations of Brian Eno's most pretentious works.  I think it would have been a fine album if OMD had taken themselves a little less seriously, as there was obviously a lot of talent behind this.  Still, I guess if an album is titled "Architecture and Morality," it can't be expected to be free of ostentation.

Speaking of Eno, he is coming up again tomorrow, so hold onto your butts.

RATING: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment