Tuesday, October 27, 2015

401. This Year's Model

This Year's Model
Elvis Costello
1978














Tracks
1. No Action
2. This Year's Girl
3. Beat
4. Pump It Up
5. Little Triggers
6. You Belong To Me
7. Hand In Hand
8. I Don't Want To Go To Chelsea
9. Lip Service
10. Living In Paradise
11. Lipstick Vogue
12. Night Rally


I must confess, I wasn't overly impressed by The Only Ones and was hoping that the 400s would kick off on a higher note (that was a music pun for the people in the back).  However, this album more than made up for the meh quality of our previous entry.

Elvis Costello is back, ladies and gentlemen.  My frequent readers will recall that I absolutely loved My Aim is True.  This managed to be even more impressive.  While his previous album reminded me heavily of Buddy Holly, this sound was something entirely his own. I had this on while my sister was working and I kept exclaiming "No, wait!  This one is my favorite."  I think I might have deserved a punch to the face.

Is Costello punk?  I am probably betraying my own ignorance with this question (although that ship might have sailed already).  But this album had a really punk feel to it, just a tad more intelligent lyrics wise.  

RATING: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment