Saturday, November 7, 2015

402. All Mod Cons

All Mod Cons
The Jam
1978














Tracks
1. All Mod Cons
2. To Be Someone (Didn't We Have A Nice Time)
3. Mr Clean 
4. David Watts 
5. English Rose
6. In The Crowd 
7. Billy Hunt 
8. It's Too Bad
9. Fly 
10. Place I Love 
11. 'A' Bomb In Wardour Street
12. Down In The Tube Station At Midnight


This is another fantastic album!  It makes me wonder if we are going to have a streak of brilliance, instead of duds!  Am I jinxing us?

I loved this album.  It was so delightfully British.  Although I don't know why anyone would be at tube stations at midnight; don't they stop running at 12:00?  Or perhaps I am betraying my own squareness by even asking such a question.  In any case, any sign of a mod revival excites me and I definitely got a strong Who vibe from this album.

Personally, I couldn't stop listening to the song "It's Too Bad" but lyrically, all of these songs are brilliant.  I suppose it's not a particularly new sound, but it is a damn fun one.

RATING: 4/5

2 comments:

  1. This is one of the few that I listened to before I temporarily shelved this project and remember not caring too much for it. Although I do remember loving English Rose

    Glad you had fun though hun. Loving your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you going to keep working on this later?

      Delete