Friday, October 23, 2015

399. Dub Housing

Dub Housing
Pere Ubu
1978















Tracks
1. Navvy
2. On The Surface
3. Dub Housing
4. Caligari's Mirror
5. Thriller!
6. I Will Wait
7. Drinkin' Wine Spodyody
8. Ubu Dance Party
9. Blow Daddy O
10. Codex


I started to play this album when my sister was in the room as she was getting ready to leave for the gym.  Basically, she fled as quickly as possibly.  So, you know, if you ever need motivation to go work out, I can chase you around with my laptop while playing one of these albums.

Before my sister ran from our apartment, she asked, "How can you understand what they are saying??"  Well, truthfully, I couldn't.  As my frequent readers are always hearing me whine about how I can't enjoy an album without getting into the lyrics, I will spare everyone the diatribe.  Is the point of punk or even post punk to listen to the lyrics?  Or is it to just understand the anger that is driving these musicians?  I guess I get it now and am angry too.  But mostly since this took thirty-five minutes of my life away.

This kind of just felt like a continuation of Pere Ubu's first album, Modern Dance, that I listened to a couple of weeks ago.  There was no fresh feeling to this.  My sister also said, "this isn't what music should be!"  I suppose that is a rather heavy statement, but one that I am inclined to agree with after this album.

RATING: 2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment