Friday, October 2, 2015

395. The Modern Dance

Modern Dance
Pere Ubu
1978













Tracks
1. Non-Alignment Pact 
2. Modern Dance 
3. Laughing 
4. Street Waves
5. Chinese Radiation 
6. Life Stinks 
7. Real World 
8. Over My Head 
9. Sentimental Journey 
10. Humor Me


I have written around four thousand movie reviews today, so I am a bit tapped out at the moment.  I really want to catch up all my blogs, though, so my lovely music lovers will just have to suffer with a subpar review.  I apologize that you are my least loved child.

I had never heard of the band, this album, or any of the songs.  I also am not really clear what art punk is.  So gather around everyone, to hear my well informed opinions!

I had a hard time getting into this one.  I had to remind myself to pay attention to the music, because I was in danger of zoning out completely and having absolutely no memory of this album.  Because of my diligent efforts, I am able to partially recall parts of this.  I will take my medal any time you are ready.

With a name like Modern Dance, you might suspect something truly frightening and pretentious.  Instead, you just get something quite mediocre.  For example, here are the lyrics to "Life Stinks": "Life stinks, I'm seeing pink, I can't wink, I can't blink, I like the Kinks, I need a drink, I can't think, I like the Kinks, Life stinks."  At least it made me feel better about my own writing.

RATING: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment