Friday, October 23, 2015

400. The Only Ones

The Only Ones
The Only Ones
1978














Tracks
1. Whole Of The Law
2. Another Girl Another Planet
3. Breaking Down
4. City Of Fun
5. Beast
6. Creature Of Doom
7. It's The Truth
8. Language Problem
9. No Peace For The Wicked
10. Immortal Story


400!  I decided to squeeze two albums in today to make it to this milestone.  I certainly will say again and again that I don't really know anything about music (I will also frequently have that shouted at me in the comments).  However, I do love Lists, learning about new things, and complaining!  Thank you everyone who has been reading and following along.  I promise I won't stop until I have completed this project!

Okay, let's see.  The Only Ones.  This was quite an improvement from our last album, though, of course, that isn't saying much.  It is quite a dark album, as the songs "Breaking Down" and "Beast" seem to hint at.  However, it feels pretty upbeat.  It actually reminded me of the Ramones, a band I completely adore.

Still, this was pretty average.  None of the songs struck me as particularly catchy.  In fact, I am trying to remember the melodies and I can't.  So, in summary, a completely ordinary way to kick off the 400s.

RATING: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment