Saturday, October 17, 2015

397. Parallel Lines

Parallel Lines
Blondie
1978














Tracks
1. Hanging On The Telephone 
2. One Way Or Another 
3. Picture This 
4. Fade Away And Radiate 
5. Pretty Baby 
6. I Know But I Don't Know 
7. 11:59 
8. Will Anything Happen 
9. Sunday Girl 
10. Heart Of Glass
11. I'm Gonna Love You Too 
12. Just Go Away


Finally, we get an album that, to me, actually resembles music I could listen to.  And, of course, other reviewers label it "vacuous."  It's amazing how I always love anything that hipster music lovers hate.  I am like the anti-hipster.  But does that make me even more of a hipster?  This is heavy stuff.

If you have never heard the song "One Way or Another," please invite me to your hobbit hole sometime.  That was the only track title I recognized but it turns out I was familiar with "Sunday Girl" as well.  I feel like I have heard it in a movie before, but I cannot for the life of me remember what the film was.  Good thing that kind of stuff doesn't bother me. *grabs tissues for nose bleed*

I loved the energy behind this album.  I have been somewhat um, romantically frustrated myself lately.  There was a lot of anger behind some of the songs but it still was always fun and catchy.  I have been listening to "Heart of Glass" on repeat since I started writing this review. 

I am going to go ahead and give this album five stars.  That was fun.  I guess let's go back to being artsy...

RATING: 5/5

6 comments:

  1. Trying to find music we can agree on ..
    Well, I've got this - on vinyl of course - and it's fine .. As you say, fun.
    The only thing we'd disagree about is that, to me this is "This is not bad for new stuff", where as you probably think "This is not bad, for really old stuff"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a pretty astute observation haha. What is the cut off for you with old stuff?

      Delete
  2. Sunday Girl was used in a Nina Ricci perfume commercial. Maybe that's why it is familiar to you. Blondie is one of my favorites bands although most of the songs I recall from them are from the 80s. Anyway, the album is great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we have very similar musical taste!

      Delete
    2. Yeah, we are "parallel lines" (got it? ha ha, can I call that "to make an Amanda")

      Delete