Wednesday, October 7, 2015

396. The Man-Machine

The Man-Manchine
Kraftwerk
1978















Tracks
1. Die Roboter
2. Spacelab
3. Metropolis
4. Modell 
5. Neonlicht
6. Die Mensch-Maschine


It is albums like this that make me think the whole List is an elaborate joke, designed to make us all look like idiots.  I feel like I heard of someone doing that with modern art.  Someone had their child paint a few pictures, claimed the paintings were done by an anonymous artist, and critics went gaga over them.  Now we have some band playing with sound effects and it makes me wonder: "Is this a joke?"

The songs feature laser sounds, with the band saying "We are robots" approximately a thousand times.  I felt like I was listening to the same song for an hour, which would be annoying even if it was a track I loved.  As is, I think it is going to resurrect the migraine I had on Monday.

Wow, I miss the sixties.

RATING: 1/5

1 comment:

  1. The is the least compelling of the three Kraftwerk albums on the list. I liked "Neon Lights" though, as well as "The Model". The rest was too machine-like and kind of lifeless, didn't do much for me. Trans-Europe Express was the masterpiece.

    ReplyDelete