Saturday, September 26, 2015

394. Never Mind The Bollocks, Here's The Sex Pistols

Never Mind The Bollocks, Here's The Sex Pistols
Sex Pistols
1977













Tracks
1. Holidays In The Sun
2. Bodies
3. No Feelings
4. Liar
5. God Save The Queen
6. Problems
7. Seventeen
8. Anarchy In The UK
9. Submission
10. Pretty Vacant
11. New York
12. EMI


I expected this to be the best of the best.  If I was going to have to listen to punk music, this should be the album I listen to.  The Sex Pistols have such name recognition that this has to be fantastic, right?  I was shocked by how mediocre this album actually turned out to be.  

There are plenty of albums on this List that are absolutely revered by a group of followers who generally like leaving nasty comments on this blog.  Even when I can't enjoy them myself, I see something in them that might cause the ecstasy and subsequent pretentious of my fellow listeners.  You know, I kid.  Or perhaps I am brooding.  In any case, the quality of this album simply wasn't that good, and I don't think anyone can defend that.  The vocals  were terrible and the lyrics were merely there for shock value.  I felt like they were trying to distract us from the lack of quality by making a lot of noise.

Perhaps I came into this with too high of expectations and should have just enjoyed it for what it was, without looking for deeper meanings.  Of course, that is what I try to do most of the time and I get yelled at in the comments.  Wow, I am salty today.

RATING: 3/5

1 comment: