Thursday, January 17, 2013

311. Country Life

Country Life
Roxy Music
1974














Tracks
1. Thrill Of It All
2. Three And Nine 
3. All I Want Is You 
4. Out Of The Blue 
5. If It Takes All Night 
6. Bittersweet 
7. Triptych 
8. Casanova 
9. Really Good Time 
10. Prairie Rose


Ah, Roxy Music we meet again.  I have been putting this off for a little while but right now I have a horrible cold and am lying in bed.  And what better way to get rid of a headache that listening to art rock?

I just don't get it.  I don't hate it, I just don't understand what the big fuss is about.  I feel the same way about The Great Gatsby and the board game Apples to Apples.  That is incredibly random but I am allowed to say whatever I want because this is my blog and I am sick.

I guess the most remarkable thing about this album is the cover; in fact, when I googled this album to learn more about the band, most of the search results were about the models.  All I thought about when I saw at the cover was how uncomfortable those women looked. God, men.

I didn't hate it and I even thought "Triptych" was a little catchy.  Still, people worship Roxy and I just don't understand why.  If anyone wants to explain it to me in the comments section, be my guest.

RATING: 2/5

Best song from the album:

2 comments:

  1. Roxy Music seems highly influential for all those synthesizer-bands with catchy electronic poptunes, for example Duran Duran (which is a great band btw!!). I don't get it also and find Roxy Music just okay, not fantastic or so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I agree; Duran Duran is great. Well, if Roxy Music brought us Duran Duran, I suppose it is worth listening to.:)

      Delete