Sunday, January 13, 2013

310. Queen II

Queen II
Queen
1974














Tracks
1. Procession 
2. Father To Son 
3. White Queen (As It Began)
4. Some Day One Day 
5. Loser In The End 
6. Ogre Battle 
7. Fairy Feller's Master Stroke 
8. Nevermore 
9. March Of The Black Queen 
10. Funny How Love Is 
11. Seven Seas Of Rhye


I became mildly obsessed with the song "Somebody To Love" a couple years ago and that is pretty much the extent of my Queen knowledge.  As always, the list came through and helped me expand my knowledge of this band.

All right, so from reading about this album it sounds like Queen is more of a guilty pleasure for people than a revered band.  And, of course, since my taste has always been more pop than prog, I enjoyed it immensely.  It is just fun; a seamless combination of rock and metal. No song really stands out and it is certainly not the best I have heard, but it was an entertaining forty five minutes.

Check it out!

RATING: 4/5

Sorry for the short post: lots to do, lots to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment