Monday, January 7, 2013

309. Court and Spark

Court and Spark
Joni Mitchell
1974














Tracks
1. Court And Spark
2. Help Me 
3. Free Man In Paris 
4. People's Parties
5. Same Situation 
6. Car On A Hill
7. Down To You
8. Just Like This Train
9. Raised On Robbery
10. Trouble Child 
11. Twisted


Joni Mitchell seems to get on everyone's nerves but my own.  My sister even does a rather cruel (but accurate) impression of her.  Even people who like some of her songs have trouble listening to her voice for a full album.  Nico has the same problem.

Well, maybe I just like weird voices because I loved this album.  I think her unique voice keeps the album interesting.  It is also not as depressing as Blue, though not quite as good. Apparently her career went into a bit of an artistic decline after this album, although I don't know this for sure since I am still stuck in 1974.  I could Google it but….nah.  Too lazy.

RATING: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment