Tuesday, September 18, 2012

287. Tubular Bells

Tubular Bells
Mike Oldfield
1973












Tracks
1. Part One
2. Part Two

I red flagged this album immediately after reading its description in the book.  The book described the album as music to play while eating dinner and a tad bit annoying.  Even Mike Oldfield thought it wasn't that good.  So why are we listening to it again?

Well, anyway, I wasn't expecting The Exorcist theme to play for like ten minutes at the beginning.  It sort of creeped me out, to be honest, since I was alone.  He then proceeds to outline what instruments he is playing throughout the album (i.e. "glockenspiel" and then a glockenspiel plays; fascinating, right?).

Overall, that was just weird.  I mean, some of the melodies were pretty but his stupid voice ruined it (can you tell I am fussy from being sick?).  An album filled with bells.  Represents the early seventies perfectly:p.

RATING: 3/5 (ok, so I always appreciate a movie soundtrack; get off my back)


No comments:

Post a Comment