Sunday, September 9, 2012

282. Solid Air

Solid Air
John Martyn
1973












Tracks
1. Solid Air
2. Over The Hill
3. Don't Want To Know 
4. I'd Rather Be The Devil
5. Go Down Easy
6. Dreams By The Sea
7. May You Never
8. The Man In The Station 
9. The Easy Blues
 


Wow, it is Nick Drake with a better singing voice!  What a find!

I was really excited about this album.  It is dedicated to Nick Drake, who actually died 18 months later. Anyway, I haven't been too...enthused about the recent albums and this was a pleasant break.  Sad but pleasant.

This is folk but it is vibrant folk; it is full of sorrow but actually really catchy.  "Don't Want To Know" is pretty much him saying he only wants to know about love not hate over and over again.  Still, I found myself singing along.  Check it out.

RATING: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment