Monday, September 3, 2012

279. Berlin

Berlin
Lou Reed
1973













Tracks
1. Berlin 
2. Lady Day 
3. Men Of Good Fortune 
4. Caroline Says 
5. How Do You Think It Feels 
6. Oh Jim 
7. Caroline Says (2) 
8. Kids
9. Bed Listen 
10. Sad Song


So I listened to this album while I was trying on clothes.  If there is a way to feel more self conscious about your body than trying on jeans I have yet to find it. Anyway, now I am back to my pajamas and everything is right with world.

So this album absolutely bombed upon its release; Rolling Stone hated it when it came out.  Now, they consider it one of the greatest albums of all time.  Of course, this is because the masses hated it and they consider themselves better than us commoners.  Damn elitists.

Anyway, I think they should have stuck to their guns in calling this album a wash.  It has a plot and I usually do not like concept album (here's looking at you, Tommy).  He is not even singing, he is merely talking.  Maybe I just don't "get it".

RATING: 2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment