Sunday, May 20, 2012

192. Ananda Shankar

Ananda Shankar
Ananda Shankar
1970

Tracks
1. Jumpin' Jack Flash
2. Snow Flower
3. Light my Fire
4. Mamata (Affection)
5. Metamorphosis
6. Sagar (The Ocean)
7. Dance Indra
8. Raghupati



I am going out to breakfast with some friends soon so I only have a couple minutes to do this.  I learned today that this album started the micro genre called sitar rock.  Apparently Jimi Hendrix asked Ananda to do an album with him and he declined and made his own debut one.  How many people would say no to Jimi Hendrix???

Anyway, this album is purely instrumental which I am becoming more tolerant of.  Still, I didn't love it.  I could certainly appreciate it, but I sort of hate the sound of a sitar (except in Moulin Rouge!).  Too echo-y for me.


RATING: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment