Sunday, April 28, 2013

327. Another Green World

Another Green World
Brian Eno
1975














Tracks
1. Sky Saw 
2. Over Fire Island 
3. St Elmo's Fire 
4. In Dark Trees 
5. Big Ship 
6. I'll Come Running 
7. Another Green World 
8. Sombre Reptiles 
9. Little Fishes 
10. Golden Hours 
11. Becalmed 
12. Zawinful/Lava 
13. Everything Merges With The Night
14. Spirits Drifting


We are officially into 1975.  I covered around two hundred years of books in the time that I have covered a decade in this blog.  However, that is part of the fun and I am looking forward to seeing any significant changes with the new year.

I have been surprised a lot lately with some of my reactions to albums and this one was no exception.  I figured Brian Eno was going to be too pretentious for my taste.  I just kind of assumed that if someone said they were creating "soundscapes" that person is most likely a major douche.  While that theory might still hold true, I enjoyed this album.

Now, this is certainly not the kind of music you can rock out to in your car.  It is actually pretty depressing and there are long stretches when Eno is not saying anything at all.  However, the music creates an atmosphere that is quite beautiful.

This is definitely not the kind of music that I would have been interested in listening to at the beginning of this journey, but I liked it quite a bit.

RATING: 4/5


No comments:

Post a Comment