Monday, December 19, 2011

87. Forever Changes

Forever Changes
Love
1967

Tracks
1. Alone Again Or
2. House Is Not A Motel
3. Andmoreagain
4. Daily Planet
5. Old Man
6. Red Telephone
7. Maybe The People Would Be The Times
8. Live And Let Live
9. Good Humor Man He Sees Everything Like This
10. Bummer In The Summer
11. You Set The Scene



Amanda: So apparently Love is going to be a thing in this book.  I figured it was going to one of the bands that we hear from once and then forget about.  I brought Love up with my brother when we were discussing music and he had never heard of them.


This album is a lot better than Da Capo.  I found the songs to be a lot more enjoyable.  I had finally gotten caught up with my iTunes with all the songs I have been adding but it looks like I need to start a new list.  I don't think I can live without "Alone Again Or" on my iPhone (not to be dramatic).  These guys really hit their stride.  Proud of you!


RATING: Four album units.

Brie: I have actually been exposed to Love before beginning this blog. I really liked them, but not enough to put them on my iPod, so I just forgot about them. I agree that they are a lot better than Da Capo. This album marked the time in Love's career when they were coming down after spiraling out of control with their drug use. Forever Changes failed to chart, and Love pretty much fell apart after the album was released.

Forever Changes was kind of acid rock with acoustic guitars and a symphony orchestra. The entire album was an experience; I don't recommend a single specific song to listen to.

RATING: 4/5

1 comment:

  1. This is one of the most beautiful and complete albums I've ever heard. The strings and horns arrangements on top of acoustic guitar are heavenly, and Arthur Lee has such a sweet voice on this. Best track is about a five-way tie, and the others aren't far behind; every song on here is great, and that's rare.

    ReplyDelete