Saturday, March 28, 2020

579. Raising Hell

Raising Hell
Run DMC
1986













Tracks
1. Peter Piper
2. It's Tricky
3. My Adidas
4. Walk This Way
5. Is It Love
6. Perfection
7. Hit It Run
8. Raising Hell
9. You Be Illin'
10. Dumb Girl
11. Son Of Byford
12. Proud To Be Black


I was so excited to listen to the next album on this List, Skylarking, that I listened to two albums this week. Hey, a couple more random bursts of enthusiasm like that could ensure that I finish this List in less than two hundred years. 

I actually enjoyed this album, although there were a couple of low points. I thought "Dumb Girl" was really strange and the comment section for that video is some kind of Mecca for neckbeards. I did love their version of "Walk This Way." Some people might consider it ripping off, I prefer to think of it as a "homage" (unfortunately, my English professors never were enlightened in this way). 

I'm enjoying exploring this genre through the List. If only the Listmakers were as passionate about hip-hop as they are about metal. 


RATING: 4/5

1 comment:

  1. The guys from Aerosmith played and sang with them on "Walk This Way." I didn't like it so much; they should be doing their own thing, not someone else's thing. But it broke them into the mainstream so all right. "Peter Piper" is brilliant. Solid album.

    ReplyDelete