Saturday, March 21, 2020

578. Graceland

Graceland
Paul Simon
1986














Tracks
1. Boy In The Bubble
2. Graceland
3. I Know What I Know
4. Gumboots
5. Diamonds On The Soles Of Her Shoes
6. You Can Call Me Al
7. Under African Skies
8. Homeless
9. Crazy Love Vol 2
10. All Around The World Or The Myth Of Fingerprints


I think we could all use a pick me up right about now and I can't think of a better man suited for the task. Paul Simon is amazing here, creating a happy and uplifting album that is still fresh today. 

The genius of this album is in its genre blending; you can hear many influences here and I love that he collaborated with so many great African artists. The album moves very gracefully through moods, going from playful to contemplative without feeling abrupt. It's hard to pick a favorite track; I will probably have the entire album on repeat over the next few days. Right now, I am obsessed with "Diamonds on the Soles of Her Shoes" and "Crazy Love Vol 2."

The perfect quarantine album and one of my favorites from the List so far.

RATING: 5/5


1 comment:

  1. What quarantine? I must have missed that. Nice album though.

    ReplyDelete