Friday, October 28, 2016

497. 1999

1999
Prince
1982














Tracks
1. 1999
2. Little Red Corvette 
3. Delirious 
4. Let's Pretend We're Married
5. DMSR
6. Automatic 
7. Something In The Water (Does Not Compute) 
8. Free 
9. Lady Cab Driver
10. All The Critics Love You In New York
11. International Lover


I have never been the biggest Prince fan, which I am sure would result in a public flogging in many circles.  I really hadn't been exposed to his stuff, so this is my first foray into the Princeverse.  It was interesting...

I was actually enjoying it quite a bit until "Lady Cab Driver."  It sounded vaguely rape-y, what with the sound effects that I can only imagine were added to please the male listener. I ended up googling the song and apparently a lot of people have reached the same conclusion.  So...um.  That was weird, I guess.

Other than that, though, I genuinely enjoyed it.  I do think the album peaked a little early in its runtime, but only means that it went from great to pretty good. RIP Prince.

RATING: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment