Monday, October 10, 2016

494. Moving Pictures

Moving Pictures
Rush
1981














Tracks
1. Tom Sawyer
2. Red Barchetta
3. YYZ
4. Limelight
5. Camera Eye 
6. Witch Hunt
7. Vital Signs


Many moons ago I reviewed 2112, the first Rush album on the List.  Thank goodness I have written records of my reactions to these albums, or I would never be able to remember anything.  Happily, I was able to do a quick search and see that I labelled 2112 as unbearably pretentious.  Yes, I am aware I use that word too much.

Anyway, I was expecting another excruciating cacophony of keyboard sound effects.  However, this was actually a vast improvement.  This is the last Rush album on the List, so I am not sure if this is just a fluke or if they actually deflated their heads and continued producing quality music.

Not particularly awe-inspiring but still, a decent album.

RATING: 4/5

1 comment:

  1. Never liked Rush. I wonder if I would now. Good review though--you always entertain.

    ReplyDelete