Saturday, November 5, 2016

498. The Message

The Message
Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five
1982













Tracks
1. She's Fresh
2. It's Nasty
3. Scorpio
4. It's A Shame
5. Dreamin'
6. You Are
7. Message
8. The Adventures Of Grandmaster Flash On The Wheels Of Steel


This is arguably the first hip hop album on the List.  Now, I know this might shock a few of my readers, but I really don't have that much experience with hip hop.  And by that I mean I don't think I could have named a single hip hop artist.  Until now...dah dah DAHHHHH.

Apparently, I had no idea what I was missing.  I loved this album.  I didn't even mind the preachiness of the song "You Are,"; in fact, I was kind of into it.  I also adored the tribute to Stevie Wonder.  I wonder what he thought about it...

I felt revitalized after this album.  I imagine it's the same feeling people have after going to church.  Definitely recommended.  The album, not the church part.

Next up: Elvis Costello!!  Praise Zeus!

RATING: 5/5

1 comment: