Saturday, October 1, 2016

493. Tom Tom Club

Tom Tom Club
Tom Tom Club
1981














Tracks
1. Wordy Rappinghood
2. Genius of Love
3. Tom Tom Theme
4. L'elephant
5. As Above So Below
6. Lorelei
7. On On On On
8. Booming and Zooming


I apologize for my long delay in posting.  I have had so many writing assignments lately that I am feeling a tad burned out.  Still, I am excited to reach the 500 milestone, so, like an unfaithful Irish Catholic husband, I will always return, no matter how long I have been gone.

I made the rather horrifying mistake of listening to the CD version, rather than the original release.  This meant that I listened to "Lorelei" for approximately eleven minutes.  Needless to say, it was pretty grueling but luckily I escaped with only minor brain damage.

Anyway, if I base my opinion off the original release, sans remixes, I actually enjoyed it quite a bit.  I wouldn't have recognized the name "Tom Tom Club" but a lot of the songs did sound quite familiar, which speaks to its influence as an album.  Worth giving a try.

RATING: 3/5

1 comment: