Sunday, September 18, 2016

492. The Poet

The Poet
Bobby Womack
1981














Tracks
1. So Many Sides Of You
2. Lay Your Lovin' On Me
3. Secrets
4. Just My Imagination
5. Stand Up
6. Games
7. If You Think You're Lonely Now
8. Where Do We Go From Here


I had big plans to get a lot done this weekend, but through a series of unavoidable circumstances, I was unable to do anything but watch Real Housewives of New York.  Now I am slightly panicked, but hey, panic is the mother of invention.

Anyway, let's quickly recap this album so I can get some other shit done and maybe prevent myself from having a meltdown (though I am not making any promises).  This album feels a bit dated.  In fact, if I wasn't blindly following the List like a robot and just stumbled upon Bobby Womack in my day to day life, I never would have guessed that this was from 1981.  Still, it made for a fun throwback and I quite enjoyed listening to his voice.  

If I based my ratings on originality, I would have to be rather harsh about this one.  Fortunately, I base my ratings on sheer enjoyability. 

RATING: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment