Monday, October 8, 2012

289. Goodbye, Yellow Brick Road

Goodbye, Yellow Brick Road
Elton John
1973












Tracks
1. Funeral For A Friend (Love Lies Bleeding)
2. Candle In The Wind
3. Benny And The Jets
4. Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
5. This Song Has No Title 
6. Grey Seal 
7. Jamaica Jerk Off 
8. I've Seen That Movie Too
9. Sweet Painted Lady 
10. Ballad Of Danny Bailey
11. Dirty Little Girl 
12. All The Girls Love Alice 
13. Your Sister Can't Twist (But She Can Rock 'n' Roll)
14. Saturday Night's Alright (For Fighting)
15. Roy Rogers 
16. Social Disease
17. Harmony


Yes, I am still alive.  I have been spending a lot more time with my movies than albums.  Yes, if these blogs were my children, the movie one would be the star football athlete and this one would be the neglected weird child in the corner.

Anyway, I love Elton; "Your Song" is one of the greatest love songs out there.  For that reason, I will stick with this guy through the thick and thin.  There are some golden classics here.  For instance, "Benny and The Jets" which I only became familiar with from this movie:
Yes, I just posted a video from a Katherine Heigl.  But we can't look back people.

Overall, Elton is always a good time.  Most of all, he is not pretentious and that is enormously refreshing after what we have been seeing lately.

RATING: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment