Tuesday, March 27, 2012

182. Stephen Stills

Stephen Stills
Stephen Stills
1970

Tracks
1. Love The One You're With 
2. Do For The Others 
3. Church (Part Of Someone) 
4. Old Times Good Times 
5. Go Back Home
6. Sit Yourself Down 
7. To A Flame 
8. Black Queen 
9. Cherokee 
10. We Are Not Helpless



This is a really hard album to describe to people who haven't listened to it.  I would feel lame if I tried to convey how the music fills you when you listen to "Love The One You're With".  After I listened to it, I felt incredibly lifted up and hopeful.  To spare me the pain of cliches, please listen to the album and come back to this page.  I will wait.


Well, wasn't that great?  This album was kind of like The Valentine's Day of music (I am sorry I made a reference to that horrendous movie but it was the only example I could think of).  There is an all star backing, which includes Jimi Hendrix, Nash, and Booker T.  I have loved CSN ever since I heard "Marrakesh Express" and this album proved that Stills is not the Ringo of the group.  Definitely a Paul.

RATING: 5/5



Best song on album:



No comments:

Post a Comment