Monday, March 26, 2012

181. Close To You

Close To You
The Carpenters
1970

Tracks
1. We've Only Just Begun
2. Love Is Surrender 3. Maybe It's You4. Reason To Believe 5. Help6. Close To You 7. Baby It's You 8. I'll Never Fall In Love Again 9. Crescent Moon 10. Mr Guder11. I Kept On Loving You12. Another Song 


Who doesn't like the Carpenters?  Answer: everyone with a good taste in music.  Thankfully, I still listen to Shania Twain so you can trust that I enjoyed this album.  It is poppy, meaningless, and pleasant.


The Carpenters are a very sad pair.  Karen died very young from complications that arose from her eating disorder and Richard had major drug problems.  However, it is truly impossible to know about those problems from listening to this light album.  I think the songs are excellent wedding songs but I didn't love them enough to put them on my iPod.  They also do their own rendition of "Help".  Ew.  Don't try to remix Beatles songs!  This is just like when they did a remake of Casablanca.  WHY?!?!?!


Of course, this album is not even close to being my favorite or the best on anyone's list but I have spent an hour in worst ways.

RATING: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment