Tuesday, March 20, 2012

180. Morrison Hotel

Morrison Hotel
The Doors
1970

Tracks
1. Roadhouse Blues
2. Waiting For The Sun
3. You Make Me Real
4. Peace Frog
5. Blue Sunday
6. Ship Of Fools
7. Land Ho
8. Spy
9. Queen Of The Highway
10. Indian Summer
11. Maggie McGill 



This has got to be a quick review because Real Housewives of Orange County is on soon (yes, you read that correctly).  I think very few people haven't heard of The Doors but an even smaller sum can actually name one Doors song.  It is a shame that they have simply become a name (at least to my generation) because they are really talented.

This album was a definite improvement from the previous one we listened to (right here).  The first one was phenomenal but this one had a very...how do I put this?  In this album, the band new their strengths and weaknesses better and knew what worked for them and what didn't.  Was that vague enough?  I think I should start assisting politicians in elections (David Palmer for president!).  Wow, I am really not making sense; we should wrap this up quickly.  Very good; listen to it.


RATING: 5/5


No comments:

Post a Comment