Friday, January 27, 2017

505. Pelican West

Pelican West
Haircut One Hundred
1982














Tracks
1. Favourite Shirt (Boy Meets Girl) 
2. Love Plus One
3. Lemon Firebrigade 
4. Marine Boy 
5. Milk Film 
6. Kingsize (You're My Little Steam Whistle) 
7. Fantastic Day
8. Baked Beans 
9. Snow Girl 
10. Love's Got Me In Triangles 
11. Surprise Me Again 
12. Calling Captain Autumn


After the first song, I was all prepared to give this a five star review.  Unfortunately, it kind of petered out and I was quite happy when it was over.   I accidentally listened to the 2016 rerelease, which didn't help matters.  The thinking seemed to be "let's make the forgettable songs longer!"

On the other hand, I have listened to so many truly terrible albums on this List that I probably shouldn't complain, considering how decent the first half was.  The second half isn't horrible, but it just sounds like generic cheesy 80s music.

Kate Bush is up next!  I am excited to listen to a female artist!

RATING: 3/5

3 comments:

  1. Yep, I felt the same, my attention deteriorated toward the end. At some point, I got the feeling I was hearing to elevator music.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have thought that so many times doing this list.

      Delete
  2. Why was this even on the list?!!

    ReplyDelete